What is the Resource Advantage Platform?
The Resource Advantage Platform (RAP) provides the tools needed to help answer critical questions for those working in the wider
built environment sector. Tools will be introduced over the course of several years. The first to be launched is a global operations
and maintenance (O&M) benchmarking tool for the North American region, followed by Asia and the European Union.
What does the tool do?
RAP’s new benchmarking tool specifically examines operations and maintenance benchmarks globally. The four areas examined are:
maintenance, janitorial, sustainability and utilities. The tool gives users the opportunity to purchase benchmarks for all areas,
or selected areas within a specific region or globally. This tool allows users to analyze the data via benchmarks selected.
All reports include a demographic profile of the buildings included in the sample, including average: rentable square feet,
gross square feet, facility age, operating days per week, and hours per day. Occupant information provided (average number of
occupants, GSF per occupant, and RSF per occupant).
What are the benefits of using the tool?
This tool provides:
- Ability to analyze O&M data globally or within specific sectors and verticals.
- Option to purchase a single section or to purchase globally for an economical price point. The tool allows users to access current data in selected years and inflation-adjusted data in other years (this is clearly denoted prior to purchase).
- Ability to compare a company’s current costs with similar facilities in the market.
- Identify where cost benchmarks may be exceeding like facilities.
- Option to only purchase content needed.
- Ability to evaluate and improve operational strategies to limit expenses and improve resource allocation.
- Identify and communicate metrics to company executives more effectively
Does this tool allow for a deep dive into the static report
only the level of assessment exhibited by the static report?
Reports are customizable:
- Static reports in any of the four O&M areas are available by specific region or globally.
- A power user subscription allows users to create an unlimited number of reports based on benchmarks selected.
- Report benchmarks are divided into two groups: basic and advanced.
- There are more than 30 industries represented within each section of these reports.
Interested in participating in future benchmark studies?
IFMA/RBI is seeking data for current and future operations and maintenance benchmark studies. Currently, we have ongoing or
planned O&M benchmark studies relating to:
- European Union
- North America
- Middle East
All projects involve subject matter experts, facility management consultants and academic oversight. There are more than 30
industries involved within each study and the number is increasing with each update. Individuals who contribute data to the
study receive a copy of the full report for the region the data was contributed. Data contributed needs to answer a minimum of
85 percent of the questions to qualify.
How do I use the system?
We have prepared simple tutorial videos to help you the RAP!